India has the unfortunate record of having the most lethal road accidents among any country globally. Each person has a moral obligation to follow traffic rules and drive carefully. If you drive carelessly and quickly, you could hurt the lives and property of other people. Property, liability, and medical costs are all covered by bike insurance.*
If you still need to get one, buy one. It will cover all the accident-related payments you owe to other people. The Indian government has made Third-Party Liability Insurance a must-have. People who drive or ride a bike without insurance must pay a fine.
Getting a ticket for driving without insurance
The new motor vehicle driving act of 2019 says that people who drive without insurance will get a Rs 2,000 fine or up to 3 months in jail. Before the fine was Rs 1000, you could go to jail for up to 3 months. If you keep driving without insurance, the fine will be Rs 4,000, and you could go to jail for up to three months.
Is the fine the same for all bikes?
The fine is the same for all kinds of bikes, whether they have two or four wheels or are used for business. You can escape paying a fine if you buy two-wheeler insurance online. Before getting behind the wheel, you have to buy insurance. Now that everything can be done online, it’s easy to get & claim bike insurance.*
If a police officer sees you driving without insurance, you will have to deal with the following:
- You must stop your bike at the police officer’s booth.
- Along with your driver’s licence, you must prove your bike is registered. If you can show these papers, you won’t be charged or do anything else wrong.
- The police officer will immediately give you a challan for driving the bike without insurance. You can pay this challan either in person or online.
- You will need to go to the traffic police station in your area. Ask for the money you owe and pay any fines you may have.
- Online, you can go to the website of the state transportation board.
- Under the “Payment” part of the e-challan, you must enter the information about your vehicle.
- You can use any card to pay your bills here. You can also use UPI.
How to avoid getting caught without insurance
- Keep a hard copy of your licence certificate, PUC papers, and other essential papers on your bike.
- Keep a soft copy of these papers on your phone.
- Make sure you do your bike insurance renewal on time to avoid getting a fine.
- Before taking the bike out for a ride, ensure it is insured. Third-party responsibility is required; no one should drive or ride without insurance.
- When you buy bike insurance online, you can save money on the base price. The process is easy; you can compare prices and get a better insurance plan online. ## *
|Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!|
* Standard T&C Apply
## All savings are provided by the insurer per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.